Monday, October 02, 2006

On my desk i found this article. Shocking.

Found a clipping from the local "society" rag cleaning off my desk. The writing alone is funny enough; its overuse of short declarative sentences, sentence fragments, and one-word interjections makes me question the value of a preparatory school education. Maybe having money necessitates writing with a sense of breathlessness and drama.

When I'm not attempting to analyze and emulate this wholly bizarre journalistic style, the content is often good for a laugh or two.

Today, I found this gem I clipped out of an article about the Toucan Party, a benefit for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.

"The restrooms were stocked with mouthwash, breath mints, hand lotion ... and cartons of cigarettes. These young folks think of everything."

Cystic Fibrosis fundraiser. Cartons of cigarettes.

What?

OK. Back to cleaning off this desk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker
.... ----