Wednesday, June 14, 2006

while fishing in kentucky

This past weekend, I went to a party on the farm of a prof here. And I tried fishing. It took me about 15 to 20 minutes total to figure out how the rod worked, put the bait on, and to try to get the hook and floaty thing into the pond. Even when enlisting the help of others. Then, less than 30 seconds later, there was a tug on my line, which I didn't really expect since other people were just, 'y'know, standing around with their poles. So, naturally, I freaked out. I would say my fish-retrieval technique is a bit off, as later, a few others commented, "I saw you DRAG that fish out of the pond." It was only then that I realized that I was supposed to use the reel to wind the the fish up. Oops. Anyway, I caught a fish!
Of course I needed help to pick up my poor fishy friend, and initially was still all, "WHAT THE --- ..." But we'll leave out the picture with the look of bewilderment and confusion on my face, and go straight to the one where I look like I know what I'm doing.

I see you baby, holding that bass.
Bass-tastic!

Then I put him/her back into the pond. Thanks, fish, for the photo op!

So, that was fishing. And the mad outdoor skills of a woman raised in the wilds of the Meadowlands at work.

Other interesting and fun things have happened recently. But, I was just uploading the fish picture, and I think I'll stick with the topic and end here.

Fin.

(Ha!)

5 Comments:

Blogger caseymichael said...

*snort*

Wednesday, June 14, 2006 12:06:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

poor fishy was laying on the ground until you picked him/her up. Convenient how you left that part of the story out...

Thursday, June 15, 2006 11:36:00 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

I think that was implicit in my dragging of the fish onto shore.

Besides, relatively speaking, I think the whole concept of, oh, say, "getting stabbed in your mouth by a hook" and "being pulled out the water on a string", is higher up on the list, in terms of trauma.

Poor fish, in general.

Thursday, June 15, 2006 1:39:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah...I suppose. Just giving you a hard time cuz I'm jealous that I didn't catch any fishes. :) At least you released him as opposed to eating him. Though...blue pond probably doesn't make the nicest dinner.

Thursday, June 15, 2006 3:48:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are the bassmaster!

Friday, July 21, 2006 12:27:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker
.... ----