Wednesday, June 07, 2006

(beginning mile three, I stop thinking about work, and instead)

As penance for the shitty post preceding this one, I will attempt to make it up to you by telling you something more interesting.

Or, at least, more weird.

Ambling down a main drag in town, I had the "mascots" or logos of the stores and restaurants cheering me as I passed. Most animated very simply, like Times Square neon signs: the Walgreens mortar and pestle stirring up stars which toppled over the brim, the SunTrust lightbeams radiating brighter and longer in succession. The Wendy's girl winked and twirled her pigtails at me, but, my favorite? The Starbucks siren, hands readily poised out to the sides, grabbed her tails and clapped them together with girlish glee, and, giggling, blew kisses which looked like stars as they rained down on my head.

5 Comments:

Blogger caseymichael said...

You know, I'm glad you wrote this.

Because i'm very, very curious about what other people think about during continued states of exertion. Like, say, running.

Saturday, June 10, 2006 5:58:00 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Sometimes, I make up stories. Sometimes they incorporate/explain why I am performing such activity.

I could have an entire blog devoted to this, really.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006 10:20:00 AM  
Blogger caseymichael said...

You make up stories!?

See, this is what I'm missing out on, chained to my elliptical.

O, cruel machine!

Wednesday, June 14, 2006 9:36:00 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Well, you can make up stories on the elliptical too. Granted, most action-adevnture plots don't predispose themselves to having the protagonist jump on a machine and pedal in place.... but I'm sure you can improvise. You're an Artist (capital A.)

Wednesday, June 14, 2006 12:11:00 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

I should add that I also make up reasons about why I'm running REALLY SLOW. Kinda limits the action-adventure thing, likewise.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006 12:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker
.... ----