Saturday, April 08, 2006

We got some tornado action here yesterday -- our alarm system at work is all crazygonuts (LOUD LOUD beeps and voice warnings announcements "YELLOW ALERT." "ORANGE ALERT." "MASS CASUALTY -- This is NOT a drill." ... made extra confusing because they were actually conducting biohaz-type drills yesterday.

And there was stuff going on relatively close to us, so much so we could watch this huge freaky low, slow cylindrical grey cloud rotating and moving into us -- INTO us, as we stood against the HUGE floor to ceiling windows HIGH up on the twelfth floor (oh, and shush, 12 floors is high compared to the rest of campus ok?)

Anyway, I'm all good, thankfully.

I should go because B. is visiting, and I was supposed to be figuring out what times I need to run into the lab this weekend, and checking up "what to do" related things ... and I'm just typing in my blog. And now my phone started ringing.

In closing though... since I'm having to break out of my recently-acquired antisocial shell and do stuff, if you have any suggestions on, er, social stuff, events this weekend (see, hear, do) holler at me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jess said...

Well, that sounds like a nice, relaxing day!

Glad you're okay!

Saturday, April 08, 2006 9:49:00 PM  
Blogger caseymichael said...

You should bear witness to the death of your iPod, and then usher forth the purchase of a new one.

Oh, wait.

Monday, April 10, 2006 2:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker
.... ----