Thursday, April 06, 2006

we are scientists.

When here in lab at ungodly hours (say, now, twenty minutes past midnight) I am always struck by the fact that there are other people here working. Sure, it's quieter than the day time, but there are folks still milling about -- all the lab lights are on down my hallway, and across the floor. (and i know they're not left on accidentally. we've got energy-conserving motion activated lights -- sometimes, when we are all sitting at desks, very still, they just turn off.)

Reflecting on seeing all these fellow scientists buzzing about in the wee hours, one thought repeatedly comes to mind:

Everyone here is crazy.

By the way, I don't think I mentioned it yet, but we've moved to new digs at work, as of Janurary. Yes, from Brand New Building to The Newest Brand New Building, which is not actually a new building, but rather floor additions on the top of an old building, but given a different building name from the bottom part. Really throws those delivery folks for a loop!

In the old new lab I'd often comment, "Yeah, this is the nicest view I will probably ever have from my desk." Well, lemme eat my own words. The newest view is not just awesome, but with 180 degrees of panoramic goodness.

Pictures in the near future, perhaps.

(I was going to link to pics of our old new view, but I don't have any! Gasp!)

The lights just went off. I think I'm about to go off (to sleep) too.

Addendum: You are not to feel sorry for me with my late hours. It's in part because today I not only had a yoga class over a long lunch break, but also left to play tennis at 6. So, I took breaks. Big ones.

3 Comments:

Blogger caseymichael said...

I have recently come to the same conclusion regarding my own workplace.

Everyone here is crazy.

It is sad.

Person: What do you do?

Me: I work with the insane.

Person: You work in a psychiatric clinic?

Me: No, they are my co-workers.

Person: That is sad.

Me: Yes.

Thursday, April 06, 2006 10:22:00 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Ask for them to pay for a masters in psychology program -- a work-related educational neccessity!

Thursday, April 06, 2006 4:48:00 PM  
Blogger caseymichael said...

Recently, the department (hereafter known as "Properties") in charge of the structure, itself, of the building I work in (hereafter known as "the Williams Street Building") recently initiated . . . renovations.

Upstairs was attractive. Now it is moreso.

Downstairs was unattractive. Now it is moreso.

It is sad.

Friday, April 07, 2006 9:37:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker
.... ----