Monday, April 03, 2006

the six shooter

On Wednesday, at two minutes and three seconds after 1:00
in the morning, the time and date will be 01:02:03 04/05/06.

In discussing this, a colleague and I tried to come up with a commemorative shot for this event (because, uh, why not?) containing six liquors (six, for, y'know, the commemorative aspect) so we tried: kahlua, baileys, crema catalana, amaretto disaronno, grey goose vanilla, malibu.

Good initially, until the non-cream spirits kick in after approximately a 10 second delay. Malibu's fault, I think. That stuff smells like undergrad. Freshman year. Well, freshman year, late fall to early winter, specifically.

(And yes, I totally realize how under-grad-y this is, by the way...)

So, if you're in a creative spirit for, er, creative spirits, I'd like to institute the six-liquor-containing shot challenge and hear some of your experimental results.

Salud!

6 Comments:

Blogger caseymichael said...

Once, I added a shot of vodka to a protein shake.

Monday, April 03, 2006 1:39:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo what's up?

Monday, April 03, 2006 2:44:00 PM  
Blogger z said...

kahlua, baileys, crema catalana, amaretto disaronno, grey goose vanilla, and malibu? could you have come up with a bigger chick drink?

a four hourseman is (if i'm not mistaken) jack daniels, johnny walker, jose cuervo, and jagermeister. throw in bacardi 151 and jim beam and you've got a man's drink. you could call it.. "six seconds to submission."

Monday, April 03, 2006 7:38:00 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

k: uh, hi!

z: uh, you try it first and lemme know? (i mean, it is a MAN's drink, you said...)

Tuesday, April 04, 2006 4:14:00 PM  
Blogger caseymichael said...

Yesterday, my younger sister asked me what my favorite Smoothie King smoothie was.

I told her, "Angel Food. But I take it with a shot of vodka. It's a man's smoothie."

Wednesday, April 05, 2006 10:59:00 AM  
Blogger z said...

oh man.. my friend's girlfriend used to work for smoothie king at penn state and gave me free smoothies all the time. i miss it so goddamn much.

Thursday, April 06, 2006 2:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker
.... ----