Friday, February 17, 2006

what is up.

I haven't rambled on here for a while. I've been reading yours, but haven't offered anything back in return. It's like the long emails from friends that slide their way to the bottom of the Inbox. You think, oh, I have so much to say, let me wait til I have more time to write them back, and tell them everything I;ve been up to. And it never happens. Keeping in touch is easier in 5 minute spurts -- during your walk/drive home, to the dry cleaners whathave you -- J is the master of this. But I forget that. And, in this blog-keeping scenario, it's hard to type while running errands. So, I'll give myself ten minutes, and I'll do this now.

So, uh, hi. What have I been up to?

Work, mostly. Feeling tired. Wondering why I'm so tired. Working on feeling not tired, and in general, doing a lot better with it.

Preferring to stay home than go out. Cooking elaborate meals for no reason, other than, why not? Hardly going out to eat. Having fun food shopping.

Stores around here have finally started carrying arugula on a regular basis. This makes me very happy. I was having cravings I missed arugula so bad. I could never find it, save for a few anemic sprigs, trapped in a plastic bubble in the herb section. Screaming, "find my friends! make us into a salad!" It was so sad.

OK, I feel a tangent about salad greens coming on, so I better curb this lest I not write about anything else except that. But, real quick: tried mache for the first time. Interesting. Expensive!

I experienced a bread-gasm due to a loaf of fresh baked Muesli -style bread from Provence. When I mean fresh, I mean like out of the oven into my hands fresh. It was insane.

Ok, no more about food.

I haven't been writing, at all.

I have mostly been rereading, and not reading. It's a long story, but I promised someone I'd read something, haven't really been motivated to get through it, so instead I've been rereading things on my bookshelf. Alleviates guilt?

Insane, I know.

One exception is for reading new books in the genre I call "rehab lit." I don't know why I;ve made an exception here. I see this as vaguely related to my field... er, very loosely (the human side of addiction? maybe?) so it counts as learning.

Wow, this sounds even stupider on pixel(s).

My time is up. Actually, over by a minute. I need to get ready. Attending a function later.

I guess I should at least mention that I'm in St. Louis right now. I drove here today. (Yes, drove.) Good fun. Seriously.

More later.

2 Comments:

Blogger z said...

"find my friends! make us into a salad!"

haha.

Friday, February 17, 2006 7:34:00 PM  
Blogger caseymichael said...

Perhaps you could offer--simplicity at its utmost--a single picture rather than words.

Sunday, February 19, 2006 1:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker
.... ----