Monday, February 27, 2006

The first time I met Nikki G.

The first time I met Nicole G. [edit] was at Oglethorpe University's SpringFest (RIP) in April 1996. It was the last day of the event, and I don't think we had previously interacted, but one of the real Oglethorpe students who had been mentoring us or whatever that weekend (probably Jerry, in fact) thought we should be introduced, because we were both "cool."

Nicole was wearing:

1. Acid washed jean shorts likely cuffed/rolled.
2. A flannel shirt with blue and purple being the predominant colors (NB it was like 8000 degrees that day).
3. Birkenstocks?
4. A "Kids in the Hall" t-shirt.

The last item is what tipped me off that this person might be worth talking to. Actually, it was more like "Finally, someone who knows what's going on." The other potential first-years I had met that weekend were either toolboxes or scamming all the chicks I wanted to scam, so in the very least she stood out in that degree. I believe we had an exchange similar to any exchange had by two people who are introduced by someone else who really, really wants them to meet:

"'s up?"

"'s up."

Anyway, needless to say we reconnected that fall and the rest is history.

That is, a long, sordid history to be doled out piecemeal here on "is this thing on?"

3 Comments:

Blogger Daniel H. said...

Special Comment Bonus Section--That night I took my friend Laura to see this Florida ska band called Magadog at the Wreck Room (RIP) in Atlanta. Between the bands they were occuping the crowd by showing GG Allin videos. While Magadog was finishing their set at the end of the night, they (the club) decided to turn on the videos, so there was Mr. Allin stomping around covered in blood and whatever, while the band we were there to see played unknowiningly in front of the celluloid chaos. It was a memorable juxtaposition.

Monday, February 27, 2006 10:12:00 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Aiiee! Acid wash! Flannel! still, in '96?! Aieee!

I still have that KITH t-shirt.

I dunno bout Birkenstocks, tho. I've never owned a pair.... not even pseudostocks! I did have pseudo-docs-sandals.

Special bonus comment comment: I remember this story about the GG Allin videos!

Tuesday, February 28, 2006 10:46:00 AM  
Blogger caseymichael said...

Thank god Nikki G wasn't scamming any of the chicks you wanted to scam, Dan Man!

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 8:43:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker
.... ----