Friday, January 13, 2006

pictures of you / quite the Idol


billy idol aka calico dan
Originally uploaded by nikki g.
Dan (H)'s request for this photo made me look through a huge box of photos the other morning ... a box of photos on PAPER. Remember back when photos came on PAPER?!

While the process of digging through this box caused me mild waves of misery-type feelings, for one reason or another (elaboration later, maybe) I was, for the most part, highly amused.

You may not be seeing the last of such photos, peppered about on various manifestations of the internet.

This was Halloween 1999. Chi Phi house, I think, judging from the walls.

As Dan's blondeness grew out, it became mottled orange, yellow and brown. This caused a few of us to start referring to "Calico Dan." Amy K-B pointed out that male calico cats were sterile. The new moniker, "Sterile Dan," had a bit of a ring to it.

Aside: besides this, only two other things which made me want to come back on here, to blab on, record my thoughts, what have you...

3 Comments:

Blogger z said...

new post!? no ironic final post dialogue snippet ending??

Sunday, January 15, 2006 2:06:00 PM  
Blogger caseymichael said...

Gah! You tease!

Monday, January 16, 2006 1:56:00 PM  
Blogger caseymichael said...

I like this.

In my last fit of throweverythingaway, I struck upon the idea of posting dusty photos to my blog as an homage to the fargone past . . .

and *then* throwing them away.

Thursday, January 19, 2006 10:42:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker
.... ----