Sunday, November 06, 2005

i feel better and worse and better again.

Saturday morning, I woke up with horrifically bad neck muscle spasms. How horrifically bad you ask? Well, I could hear my vertebrae periodically popping and sliding with some of the pulls of some of the more severe cramps. Also, I couldn't really get up, in the way you can't get up when someone pushes on your forehead with one finger and you can't move your head forward the inch necessary to recenter your gravity or whatever it is.

So, it was pretty bad. L. suggested it was stress retriggering this old injury which is a valid guess considering how stress-tacious last week was, for work-related reasons and beyond.

My roommate was super-sweet and got us lunch, and kept me company (which reminds me how I keep on forgetting to tell you I have a new roommate. I'll save that story for later.) as I vegged around the apartment in my bathrobe all day. With the exception of the "napping" resulting in like, 15 hours of sleep total.

Anyway, leftover Flexaril, Tiger Balm and 2002 Livingston Moffet Cab later, I'm doing quite a bit better, physically. Still kinda gimpy, but better.

Mentally, I'm doing 1000% better, no doubt due to nice autumn days and good company.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tiger Balm. Nice. everyone else I know who I've tried giving that stuff to looks at me like I'm crazy.

"This stuff smells terrible!"

Somehow, I don't think it does. It comforts me...

Oh well.

Hope you're feeling better!

Monday, November 07, 2005 9:43:00 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

What? It smells great! Like cloves and stuff! Those peeps are wack.

Tiger Balm is one of my mom's cure-alls. Like the guy in "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" and his Windex, and me and my Vicks Vapo-Rub.

Monday, November 07, 2005 11:52:00 AM  
Blogger caseymichael said...

Tiger Balm?!

Isn't that, like, an aphrodisiac or something?

Monday, November 07, 2005 12:11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That'd be rhino horn :)

Tiger Balm's like an Asian hot/cold rub. it's awesome. I think it has eucalyptis in it too.. menthol...

My mom and grandmother liked to use it too. I've used it since I was little like when i'm sick or sore or whatever so the smell reminds me of home.

Monday, November 07, 2005 3:53:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker
.... ----