Tuesday, October 18, 2005

you give us a minute, we'll give you the weekend

The rain and wind and muck I flew into on Friday was indeed sucko -- even just one day of it! -- so I get why everyone was complaining that they'd spent the last 7 or 8 days in it.

I went cheap and took the AirTrain/NJT from Newark to the 'rents place (as opposed to a car.) Pretty darn handy!

Friday, K. and I stayed local to her place, due to my tiredness and the muckity-muck, and chatted the evening away at a cool Irish pub, of the younger clientele sort.

By Saturday, there was blue skies and sunshine galore. Perhaps I had packed it in my suitcase.

That evening I hung out with Z., stopped by to say hi to the bride at a "say hi to our guests" thing, then caught up with J., and met his man P in person for the first time ever. Finally!

Isn't it strange when you hang out with people from different chapters of your life simultaneously? It was definately fun, so not bad-strange -- just sort of mind-twisty, once I reflected on at what point everyone enters/reenters into my life -- and what version of Self they met, and now know me -- and how those selves match up.

I will sidestep the 20-40 minutes of navel-gazing I just did on who I was ten years ago, things I've done, how I've changed, etc etc blah blah.

Finally, Sunday, wedding day -- a really nice ceremony and reception. Not crazy-huge, esp. compared to the Sept. wedding I attended. Went with friend J(oon) as "date." Some level of strangeness as per aforementioned navel-gaze, but fun, all in all.

Yesterday, visited workplace from two summers ago. It was really great to chat and catch up with folks there. I then came down with some majorly bad eye burning and tearing allergy crap, and ran home to freak out, lay around in pain. Which is why I did not end up meeting up with you, or you (in case you check this to see where I was, too.) Next time, maybe?

Whole trip interspersed with hanging out with parents, although not as much as usual, since I was running around a whole bunch, stayed over K.'s too, etc.

Flying back later, now using time away to write (work-related) and hopefully get over eyeball irritation (yowch!)

2 Comments:

Blogger caseymichael said...

In your suitcase?

Like Reading Rainbow!

Tuesday, October 18, 2005 11:33:00 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Oooh, fun question. I'll think about it, and get back to you on the other site...

also, thanks for pointing me to RQOTD, because I reread what I had written on there sometime back, in a fit of late-nite procrastination, and then forgotten about. And besides self-amusement, enjoyed reading the other posts, too.... interesting, interesting.

No thanks to either of you for getting the RR theme in my head.

Be very afraid of hidden tracks on the mix cds I make either of you, if ever make another mix cd again, (as I am in a mix cd making rut/backlog period.)

On that note, "....I can do anythiiiing..."

Wednesday, October 19, 2005 1:47:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker
.... ----