Thursday, September 01, 2005

sombering

Every time I log in to write something about what I've been up to/am going to be up to this week, I open up CNN or Yahoo (AP/Reuters), read the news, and am no longer in a mood to write anything on here. Sombered, I guess. Is sombered a word? That doesn't sound right. Somber. Sombering. Sombered. Yeah, I guess that's right.

So, as I anticipate not getting to this before I leave, details in brief are that my cousin's SuperWedding is this Monday (Labor Day) and I'll be flying up Sat. AM (rehearsal dinner that evening) and coming back late Tuesday night. I'm a reader. The second one.

A brief glimpse into SuperWedding by the numbers:
180: Number of people invited.... TO. THE. REHEARSAL. DINNER.

Enough on that.

Moving on.

Keeping prayers and good thoughts in mind for all those affected by Katrina. As of yet, I'm sort of in the dark regarding the family of a few LA- and Miss.-native friends who live in that area. Even going beyond the people-I-know aspect, I also just love the city of New Orleans as a whole -- culture, history, cuisine, etc. -- and for a city I've only recently gotten to know over the past few years, the attachment is a bit higher than normal/expected.

OK, I'm out of words now.

3 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

Oh, meant to add: flying "up" = into EWR. But while I will be centered around the NYC metro area (Jersey City, northern Bergen County, and multiple points in between [Manhattan inclusive]) I'm doing lots of distant-relative-meeting, family-bonding stuff since *everyone* will be in town for this.

Thursday, September 01, 2005 10:05:00 AM  
Blogger trixievw said...

kiss francine for me.

Thursday, September 01, 2005 2:45:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

180 for the rehearsal dinner? lovely! have much fun. :)

Friday, September 02, 2005 6:31:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker
.... ----