Friday, August 26, 2005

pointless miscellania involving the 'pod

Ever feel like writing something, but not feel like writing anything?

That's what I feel like doing.

As I've already fired off one totally insane stream-of-consciousness email this morning, I'll take a break from that and bother you instead.

So, were you aware that my iPod quit working? Yes. Tragedy, I know. Happily, it was under warranty, and I got the shipping box, returned it, and got the new 'pod in a week and a half or so. Joy.

The one time I was downtown during a business day, it didn't seem like the 'pod usage was as prevalent as in NYC or DC. Maybe I was in the wrong area o' town, but could be cos people drive a lot here. On campus however, they are quite ubiquitous. To the point that one day I saw this guy walking by across this courtyard, and I was trying to figure out what was wrong with his earbud cord. It looked all tangly and stuff. And then I looked up at him and realized that wasn't his earbuds. He was Hasidic.

I think I'm fixating on this topic right now because I forgot I had taken mine out of my backpack, so now I'm sitting here in silence. It's probably good, because I'm sure my ears need a break every once in a while. I'm trying to be conscientious of my tendency to block out everyone by upping the volume. While it helps me focus, I know it can take its toll. Everytime I dutifully remember to bring/wear earplugs at a (rock) show, I think to myself, this is probably pointless if I don't start curbing the headphone usage.

OK. That's enough typing for now. Grazie.
eXTReMe Tracker
.... ----