Wednesday, August 03, 2005

happy anti-restaurant week

Because I've been hemmoraging money recently, I dared myself to go one week without eating out. One whole week!

While I'm normally into cooking and stuff, I've been going through a not-cooking phase which needs to be broken immediately due to my impending bankruptcy.

So, today begins day 4, and I've actually stuck to it. Simply, no dining out, no takeout, no visiting restaurants even if someone's taking me out. (While that's normally not an issue, strangely it was this week, after I solidly declared it to be anti-restaurant week. Rats.)

I considered a "no beverages" clause, but that's just insane to do both at once. For me. So coffee and bottled water are currently permitted. Alcoholic beverages (read: EXPENSIVE!) are limited to two per outing. Or per venue. Er, I'll figure that out when the opportunity presents itself. Which by my schedule is approx 9PM tonight.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm...so glad this is a self-imposed holiday. ;) I actually have some recipes I want to try...so if you'd like some motivation out of the "not-cooking phase" let me know and we'll tear it up (I'm a messy chef) in the kitchen.

oh...and wise idea not to go with the no bev too...you'd implode. explode? combust? oh hell...I got nothing. I'm a crazy rambling science girl who's seen too many a mice this week. CRAZYYYYYYYYYYY.

Thursday, August 04, 2005 10:11:00 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Whoa there Michelle. (Hey, lots of mice better than no mice, right?)

At any rate, so, apparently when you declare it "anti-restaurant week," you get invites to other people's houses for dinner. Awesome! I may celebrate anti-restaurant week again sometime in the near future.

Thursday, August 04, 2005 1:31:00 PM  
Blogger Michael Hickerson said...

Is there a pool to see how long you make it? LOL

Thursday, August 04, 2005 3:43:00 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

I made it all week! Woot...

Sunday, August 07, 2005 11:20:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woot! I'll make you dinner when I return from my scientific adventures at Cold Spring Harbor. Some spend their summers vacationing in Spain...I choose to hang out with science dorks and learn about addiction.

(wow...I almost sound excited about this, I'm getting good at kidding myself! And now, this will prevent me from getting a job because X's lab will see this and not hire me as their postdoc! Yay for no win situations.)

Monday, August 08, 2005 11:47:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker
.... ----