Wednesday, June 29, 2005

today!

What an up and down day. This morning I woke up realizing that I really am getting kinda pudgy. Bad mood begins. Also, my cells (the ones in dishes, not the pudgy ones) were not very happy. I had to scrap what I was working on. Boo.

But post-lunch I went on a little tour of... well, basically the offices of a major tractor/construction equipment manufacturer/financier* ... and while that sounds incredibly dull on paper (er, screen,) I really enjoyed it for some reason I can not quite identify.
(*ok, they make other stuff.)

Corporate world is so weird! Such strange jargon they use! Unlike what I do, where we speak crystal clear jargon-free vocabulary.

Also, I saw the reverse view from that of my desk window. Which was kinda trippy. (visual aid, apologies to wayne. I silly.)

Anyway, then on my way back to the lab, stopping at *$ for an iced no-fat latte, I arrived just FIVE minutes before they started a free ice cream giveaway. The most adorable little quarter-pints of ice cream. Great timing, eh?

I'm in a much better mood to redraft/schedule what I need to work on this week lab-side.

Oh yeah. And I decided on a vacation. London and Barcelona. In July.


....

!!!!!

I will start collecting addresses for postcard-sending now. Drop me an email with your snail mail addy!

3 Comments:

Blogger Jess said...

Quarter-pints? Would that be like a cup? ;)

Nice view from the office!

Friday, July 01, 2005 4:42:00 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

That would exactly be like ... a half cup! (I had to look that up.)

I was picturing the traditional pint o' ice cream, but shrunken. Hence, the adorableness of it all.

Friday, July 01, 2005 8:58:00 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

Yup, you're right--a half cup. Not good to be a smartass and then screw up the math. :)

Tuesday, July 05, 2005 8:29:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker
.... ----