Thursday, April 21, 2005

people get excited when stuff blows up.

At this point, I think I've already talked to/emailed with anyone who both reads this blog and who wanted to know how the wedding, etc. went. If not, call/write. Otherwise, suffice it to say I had a good visit and lots of fun in the ATL this weekend.

I had something more interesting to write on here I'm sure, but... I just got totally distracted by someone who just called me and asked, "Do you want to hear something blow up?"

So now we're on the phone, hardly talking, while I wait to hear live from Atlanta, the sounds of earth imploding in the Techwood Drive area, at the hand of a Turner studios employee. Apparently you can sign up to push the demolition lever. That's kind of fun.

Oh my gosh, it's like a party! People are cheering! There's a horn! The blast is coming! .... there is a long pause. Casey asks, "You're typing this? You *are* a writer. Is nothing sacred?" We contemplate recording the sound, and...
ooh. I hear movement. Another horn! Whistling and cheering! (no explosion noise yet)

Wha? Cheering? It's done. OK. I hardly heard it.

"The ground erupted like it was a big brownie. Like a big bubble breaking the top of a brownie when you bake it." says our reporter from the top of the 1020 Building at the Techwood Campus.

I think the best part of that transaction was getting a call and being asked if I wanted to hear something blow up.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michael Hickerson said...

Let's face it...we're all fascinated by stuff getting "blowed up real good."

Friday, April 22, 2005 11:31:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker
.... ----