Wednesday, February 09, 2005

I am a(n?) opossum. With ADD.


Today I came to the conclusion that I am a opossum. That is, in the face of stress or threatening situations, I get very very sleepy, to the point that I might be considered playing dead.

So, for the past week now, I have been sleeping a hell of a lot. Which, doesn't leave much time for anything else than work. And panic.

I can't really think past Thursday right now, which is unfortunate, because not only is Stuff Going On, but I have a big trip coming up to prep for. More on that later, but in short... FYI: NJG: BNA to DCA. 2.15 to 2.21.

I'm looking pretty rough.

Remind me, if I ever get around to the point that I'm writing a thesis, or other long manuscript, that I should not work from home. For four days straight, the lower half of my attire consisted of either sweatpants or pajama bottoms. That just ain't right.

I've moved onto structured pants now.

It took great effort to not spend time researching if the word "opossum" should be preceded with "a" or "an" based on its pronunciation.

By the way, has anyone seen my attention span?
(That link totally defeated the purpose of anonymous kvetching, but whatever.)

I also decided that if one was to make a musical interpretation of my thoughts, it would sound like this. Wrong, right, awesome, amusing. All at once. Update added: Credit! http://pop-chop.tripod.com/ (Didn't want anyone to assume this was my own masterpiece.)

Anyway, I guess things will go decently tomorrow, as I'm kinda almost done with the data-putting together stuff.

Tonight. Directly behind my apartment. GWAR. Seriously. That's... just... great. Timing. Great.

Happy belated Mardi Gras. I drank nothing. So sad.

Happy belated/on-time Lunar New Year, depending on which side of the time/date line you're on. I ate Vietnamese yesterday. I did the dishes in my sink. I thought about cutting my hair (all of it, actually, but that's been for a while now.) That's about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker
.... ----