Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Coldness. And, Sunday's Tennessean, anyone?

We've been hit with extreme coldness here as of Monday night. Right now, weather.com says it's 24 degrees, feels like 17.

I'd guess we had the same temps Monday night too. Naturally, a perfect time for the heat to not come on in my apartment. No heat. None. Just cold loud clanking radiators.

So I lost a full night of sleep due to noise and shivering. As I huddled in a ball in my bed, wondering if I would sink into a state of hypothermia, I mentally composed a rather snarky maintenance request list to my property managers, which I promptly typed up and faxed in when I gave up on sleep at about 6AM.

Thankfully, it worked, and we are now fully heated. However, the living room radiator is spurting out water, now being collected via an intricate bath towel and bucket "siphon" system. Oh well.

In other news, I've made the news once again. Or so I've been told. No one actually saved a copy, assuming I knew about this (uh, no!) but apparently my picture appears in Sunday's edition of The Tennessean "society" pages. I find this highly amusing. Put in a back-copy request to a friend whose wife works for the paper, so maybe I'll actually get to see what this is all about. I have a feeling it has to do with this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker
.... ----