Friday, July 16, 2004

Oh, insomnia.  I slept for two or so hours, and now I'm wide awake.  This is totally going to suck when I start getting tired at 7 or 8AM.  City that never sleeps, eh?  Everyone on this street seems to be sleeping.  Why not me?  Clearly I didn't drink enough when I was out earlier.
 
On Wednesday I went with Heidi, her cousin, and her cousin's friends to see sketch comedy at Upright Citizens Brigade Theatre.  So funny!  Highly recommended, and a certain employee of Dad's Garage even says "They're way better than we are." And all for $5.  Can't beat that. 
 
Well, maybe you can.  This morning I got a call on my cell phone and the Caller ID read it was from D.  But it was not that D, but rather Duff.  Yes, Hillary Duff.  Turn up your speakers, go here and bring prank calling to a whole new level.
 
The first person I tried that website on was my Nashville friend David.  He has a wholly unhealthy obsession with female teen pop stars.  He also is technologically backward (just got a cell phone a week ago!) apparently doesn't understand how Caller ID works, and later told me "Guess what, Hillary Duff called me today!"  Err...
 
Moving on. Today I went out eating, etc. with two of my cousins and their friends.  Fran lives in Jersey City, and Greg's from Switzerland but in college here in NYC.  I may not see my relatives all that often, but I'm always happy when I do. 
One curious thing I've noticed is that a large majority of my family (mom's side) has worked as a journalist in one capacity or another.  1010WINS, CNN (in Asia)... and now, little ol' me.  Except most people know CNN and 1010WINS... SciAm?  Another story. I'll have to write about introducing oneself as a science magazine intern another time.
 
I'm going to try to go to sleep again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker
.... ----