Monday, May 17, 2004

Well, busy times, but not too busy to share this link to cicada recipes.

Favorite excerpt: "Marinate cicadas, alive in a sealed container, in Worcestershire sauce for several hours."

Death by Worcestershire sauce. Ouch.

Visiting with Michael and Amy in DC back in April, Michael told me about this idea of cicadas basically being "land shrimp", and expressed excitement about cicadas possibly being served at local restaurants. Smart.

Then just today at work, after my advisor told me he ate fried grubs in Mexcio, I discussed with a coworker how one might cook fried cicadas but just tying a wok to the hood of your car, then driving around to catch and cook 'em.

Then thanks to Rob Byrnes, I now have that whole booklet of recipes, and many a precautionary tale of cicada eating consequences.

Suddenly, the crunchiness of the carrots I'm eating right now is not so appealing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker
.... ----